I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today's Lesson is sponsered by the letter T!

So today in Elder's Quorum it was my time to teach again and this is always a treat sometimes. So I was told that I could teach on anything I wanted to teach on. SO I said ok I will keep in mind that Christmas is just around the corner and that I could teach a Christmas message but I wanted to do something a little different than just teach "The Nativity".

So once again I had my round fish bowl of chairs and in the center a table filled with "The Nativity" Now this is the funny part.. I started to collect Nativity's the last few years. Just a way of bringing myself closer to the birth of our Savior. SO the last time I was at the church in all my Christmas trees that had been stored at the church building was a box... and when I opened it.. to my suprise it was full of Nativities that some one left at the church. Now I know they were there last year so I said I am going to use these.

So I pulled out my Nativity that I got from Costco a few years ago and I also pulled out my Hallmark Nativity and I sat the table up with nothing but Nativities on it. IT was stunning to see.

But I did not teach the Nativity.. I taught on Family Traditions, I pulled out this months issue of the Ensign from the church and we passed it around reading the Traditions from members of the church.

We then went around the room telling of differernt Family Traditions we have in our families.. IT was awesome to hear of all the differenet ones and some of the wonderful ideas each family have.

I told of our letters we write and how we do a serect family santa and well... Hear of so many different Ideas.

I told the story of how Cookie making has been on of my family traditions that I started in my "Single" Family and how there is no wrong way to do sugar cookies with kids...


It's funny to hear of so many different traditions and the things we do to keep them alive!

2 comments:

dad said...

I am sure your lesson was terrific. Christmas traditions are so fun.

Anonymous said...

A picture is worth a thousand words...so...just think how many words a collection of Nativity Scenes must be worth!! Well done! Love, mom