I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Friday, June 20, 2008

Best Potato Salad Ever!

Ok I am a fool a big big big big big big big big big fool! I have been doing ebay. I am hooked on a tv show and wanted to buy it and well ebay has it for a half way good price and I got season one. Now its look for other little things. Hey for .80 Cents sometimes its worth things. So I got suckered in to buying this Recipe the Best Potato Salad Ever...

Top Secret Best Ever Potato Salad Recipe Guarantee it!
Hi there!
Okay, this Potato Salad was a secret from my Step-Mom for over 10 years. She would not share it with anyone.. So of course, she was always asked to bring it to the family gatherings.. Well, one day... I just happened to come across it at her house and hurried and made a copy of it. I myself, tweeked it a bit more and now my potato salad is the most requested to all the family gatherings.. I don't care to share it with my loved ones, but I will share it with you.
Guaranteed Satisfaction!
(just be sure to follow the recipe! )
~ Make your friends and family beggin for the recipe ~
I will also be sending a FREE Recipe just for trying this one out!


So I bid on it and got it for 80 Cents yes I know I know I know Hey I also got a FREE Recipe with it. Now here is where I become the FOOL that I am! I just got the recipe over email it from a lady in UTAH.. ( I will be nice here) But come on Its from a MORMON cookbook one of those things that every mormon brings to every church function. SO here is the recipe... you can say HA HA HA and what a fool I was but you know something. I BOUGHT it hook line and sinker..

** BEST EVER POTATO SALAD RECIPE **

8- 10 Medium Size Russet Potatoes
8 -10 Medium Size Red Potatoes (this is the secret, two kinds of potatoes)
Clean potatoes and place the Russet Potatoes in a large pot of water to boil with a large heaping table spoon of salt. They take about 10 minutes longer to cook than the red ones. After 10 minutes, add the Red Potatoes and boil for about 30-40 minutes longer. Test a potato with a fork. Be sure not to over cook the potatoes or under cook them either. The fork should slide in fairly easy, you don’t want the potatoes to fall apart or that is a big sign of cooking them too long..
Drain the Potatoes and cool them in the fridge. After they are cooled, go ahead and peel them. You can leave some peel of the red ones left on. Chop up the potatoes in the size of about 1 inch squares. Set aside…
Boil a dozen Medium or Large Size Eggs for about 15-18 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water. After they are completely cooled, Peel and Chop them up into small bite size’s. I like to leave one whole egg left over and then slice it up to place on top of salad..
In a large bowl, Mix up the following:
¾ C. Of Best Foods Mayonnaise and ¾ C. of Miracle Whip (this is the secret to being the best.) Feel free to add more of equal parts if you feel this is not quiet enough.. It truly depends on the amount of potatoes you end up with..
Mix in
1 Tablespoon of Mustard
1 heaping tablespoon of Salad Supreme (located in the spices)
1 tsp. Of Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Of Onion Salt
And Season it with Salt and Pepper to your liking. You’ll find you need a lot of Salt to make a good flavor..
Mince up some Crisp Celery. The finer, the better. (Another secret) About 1 c. full of mince celery.
Dice up Green Onions. About ¾ c. full Use the white and green parts.
I will also mince up a red onion. Only about ¼ C. full but it’s your choice to add that or not..
I sometimes add a small can of drained, sliced Black Olives. You do not have to, but try it once to see if you like it. You’ll soon discover with this salad what to add or to leave out. It depends on what you like or not..
Decorate with the left over egg and sprinkle a little bit of paprika for color.
This Salad tastes even better the next day… So I usually prepare the day before.
You want to know something there is not any Secrets in this.. Sorry but I have to YELL what the HECK are you thinking. there is nothing amazing about this.. NOTHING! ITs one of those darn mormon housewives salads.
Now here is the FREE recipe.. coming from me a COOK! this is just a JOKE.. A freaking JOKE come on and I was such a fool and I bought it!
Free Recipe
Raspberry Slush
( A crowd pleaser)

3 oz. Raspberry Jello, Make Jello as follows;

Mix 3 cups of hot water with 1 C. sugar ( dissolve sugar). Than add to Jello.

ADD:
1 qt. Pineapple Juice
½ tsp. Almost extract ( I have substituted vanilla before)
½ c. reconstituted lemon juice

Freeze mix and then one hour before serving, take out of freezer. Add 1 liter Sprite or 7-up
Come on This is not a recipe! If you can not cook or make a punch better than this then you need some help! But hey look what 80 cents can buy you!
I wont make the comment that I have another bid on the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I am such a FOOL!!!!

No comments: