I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Monday, May 13, 2013

Stress of the Leitch

Teaching today.... So I had to the chance to teach Elder's Quorum today.. I started with the lesson about 4 weeks or so ago... I will tell you I had my stress go over the top this morning when I was trying to think of all the last minute details... I told stories and well did the Scott thing... I really did stress out this morning to the point of dry heaving, loss of sight and just freaking out..


I came home from church and jumped into bed and did not get up until 8. YEAH I really freaked out..


So when I did come too I emailed the President and asked forgiveness for out there in left field teaching..


this is what I got back...


Hi Scott,


Thank you so much for your lesson - it was great. No forgiveness necessary. You did a great job and I'm grateful for your service. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences, and, on the side, for feeding the quorum (not to mention the rest of the ward).


There was nothing inappropriate in your lesson whatsoever. My dad used to regularly show Star Wars as part of one of his lessons, and I showed Groundhog Day in one of mine. There are also parts of the Matrix that I'd find appropriate to show in some lessons, as well as The Mission and New York Doll. In that company, Les Mis approaches Saturday's Warrior. You're a valuable part of our ward and quorum and, again, I'm grateful that you were willing to extend yourself and share your thoughts and feelings with us.


I hope that we can use you sooner than 6 months from now - I appreciate any teacher who wants to start preparing 4 weeks in advance.


Thanks Scott!

Dan



I told them I would teach again in 6 months... really the stess I had well.... today I have lost about a year of my life.


LOL

Ok the stress is on this week at work wish me luck!

No comments: