I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Friday, June 26, 2009

120,000 miles

Ok first off I have lots to blog about...
I went to a family reunion this week which I will touch on later... In Idaho.

I was very worried about going because I was very concern about my car. I was almost to the point I was going to rent a car because I did not have the faith in my car.. Did you hear me FAITH!

I must say my faith paid off going over I had no problems she "NELLIE" My car, worked great. I was so proud of her. She drove wonderfully and went at a nice speed the whole way over... now coming back I must say I was stuck... LOL... She was going at a nice speed and came up over the columbia river basin ridge at the same record speed as she went down it.

At the top I had to take a potty break and my little car was working great... I stopped and went potty got back in and started out again and about 4 miles away from the rest stop is where she tested my faith again... She began to sputter and thats when the check engine lights came on... next exit 4 more miles away oh great talk about faith..

I said a quick prayer to my Heavenly Father, please Heavenly Father, my little car has to go for another 120, 000 miles..

I got to Ellensburg exit and pulled into a Dean's Auto Service... where I was thinking I am going to have to burry her there...

I quickly called mom and auntie wes, because I was afraid I was going to have to have Weslene come get me... or mom bail me out of "JAIL" (FAMILY JOKE, this week)

well about an hour of just calling people to calm me down.. which I was good. I joked around with Dean and Mike.

and they started running tests on my car and well short story here... It ended up I blew my spark plugs out. They replaced them, did a diagonistic on my car and said to me... "you can drive this car for another 120,000 miles.."

NOW talk about a little prayer being answered.. I never told them I was praying over my little car! come on I am nuts as it is but it was either praying over her or giving her a blessing...

os after it was all said and done it only cost me $117.49 and when he was done adding it up and gave me the bill I said wait something is wrong here.. he said no thats right I said its only $117.49 I was thinking it was going to be more like $300.. LOL

now the silver lining... I wasnt in seattle anymore!

2 comments:

dad said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound and glad your little car came with you.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S the power of prayer...even the same mileage...120,000 miles...Love, mom and Tim