I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Should I complain

Ok I dont think I have ever point-blank put up a scripture or said anything to anyone about what I believe or well if you know me you know who I AM!

A few years ago, while sitting in a sacrament meeting with mother, the lady that spoke made this comment....

A number of times we shoot ourselves in the foot and then we complain to the Lord He did not help stop the bleeding...

Mother was fast to point out these scriptures.

1 Timothy 5:7
7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.

Doctrine and Covenants 58:2
2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

Ok where and what am I trying to say here.

So if anyone wants to tell me what to do I will be more than open to what needs to be said...

Many of you know I opened my house up to the missionaries to come over to do there laundry on Mondays there P-day...
Well we have a set of missionaries that well I dont know if they dont get along or if they are lazy or if they are just ready to go home because lately.... they have been at my house more than I have.

I can come home they are there and I will leave for 2-3-4 hours and they are still there.

Now I dont mind if they come over and do there laundry or check there email on monday and stop by now and then on the week to say hi for a minute or get something to eat or drink... But there has got to be something....
is this making any sense...

I feel like I have shoot myself in the foot and now I am complaining to the Lord what do I do?

3 comments:

Chivaun-o-rama said...

I think as members, since we're here to "help" the missionaries...you should talk with them (out of concern, of course), and just ask if there's anything that you can "REALLY" help them with. And if they're oblivious...tell them, as much as they're welcome in your home, GO WORK. ;) Ok maybe not that last part...the bold part. ;)

And if that doesn't work, honestly Scott, write the mission pres, and express your concern. You were a missionary, I was a missionary...I know things change but not that much!

We have sisters in our ward, and at church they are NEVER together...today I saw one walk outside to the car w/o her companion...I was FLOORED. Could not believe it.

I think the confidence of the members, for me, was one of my main goals...I wanted to do the best I could, not only for the Lord, but for the ward members.

Ok...I'll step down off my soap box. It was a lovely soap box tho'.. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am certain that in retrospect...they will want to have grown on their missions...and...if that growth comes in part from hearing from their Mission President concerning their output of effort, then so be it!!! Make a call! Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Either you tell them or get their mission president to tell them, but they definitely need to be told. But you knew that, didn't you? Dad