I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So you had a bad day.

So as I just got off the phone with mother... she said you better write this all down.
I will start with about a month ago I was going shopping at a thift shop and I parked and ran inside to get change to pay the metter and came out to a parking ticket. well 2 tickets one for parking with out the parking ticket and one for no license plate on the front of Big Bertha. so a total of $92 really... I was not a happy camper and came right home and said I wanted to appeal this ticket... my date for my appeal was monday. Here is where is all starts to get funny... YES funny and YES " I had a bad day" can you hear the song in the back ground..... I love that song.

So I guess I will go back to sunday at church... I was finally called to my new calling... but the funny part was everytime they went to say the correct words Brother Jennings would goof up... FUNNY maybe that was a sign that I was not to have this calling.

Anyway Monday morning I was to go to court for the above story.. well I went to jump into the car and well.. Big Bertha would not start, she wanted to start but just would not... so I called triple AAA and well thats the reason I have it. So I called them and they sent a guy over to "jump the car" well he got into the car and said oh its not the battery it the fuel pump. where do you want the car towed.
WELL up the block to the garage so I had to jump into a truck that smelted like... well... so He dropped me off at the garage and I was able to call triple AAA again and tell them the address... well  I had to walk back home... just about a half a mile. and wait for the tow truck. OK I can handle this... while I was waiting I called the court house because I was to be there and I said can I have another one... well start laughing because I was told that was not going to happen and well I might as well just PAY the ticket... REALLY..

SO I was doing all this the guy mr muhammad has to repair things was on his way to my house to install a new dishwasher.... I have been with out for a month... you know when it rains it pours.

and to top it all off I was to be at work by 1. WELL nice thing is I am loosing a little weight because I am walking to work.

SO big bertha has $800 worth of medical bills something to do with the coral in the starting area and well? Dont ask me I just signed over my pay check.

So I think the worst part of this week is.... yes the week needs to end and start over... I missed my show... I was to be sitting in the 5th Avenue tonight watching Les Miserables..... REALLY.... I am missing my show... row c seat 10 Center section.... Really really... I could just yell...


Do you remember in the movie Steel Magnolias... they are at the cemetary and they were just comment on the service and the flowers....
(Sally Fields) M'Lynn: [crying] I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine.
[screaming]
M'Lynn: I'm fine! I can jog all the way to Texas and back, but my daughter can't! She never could! Oh God! I am so mad I don't know what to do! I wanna know why! I wanna know *why* Shelby's life is over! I wanna know how that baby will *ever* know how wonderful his mother was! Will he *ever* know what she went through for him! Oh *God* I wanna know *why*? *Why*? Lord, I wish I could understand!


[in a firm tone]


M'Lynn: No! No! No! It's not supposed to happen this way! I'm supposed to go first. I've always been ready to go first! I-I don't think I can take this! I-I don't think I can take this! I-I just wanna *hit* somebody 'til they feel as bad as I do! I just wanna hit something! I wanna hit it hard!


[continues sobbing]


Clairee: Here!


[grabs Ouiser by the shoulder and positions her in front of M'Lynn]


Clairee: Hit this! Go ahead M'Lynn, slap her!


Ouiser Boudreaux: [taken aback and confused] Are you crazy?


Clairee: Hit her!


Ouiser Boudreaux: Are you *high*, Clairee?


Truvy: [in a frightened tone] Clairee, have you lost your mind?


Clairee: We'll sell t-shirts sayin' "I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX!" Hit her!


Annelle: [in a scared tone] Ms. Clairee, enough!


Clairee: Ouiser, this is your chance to do something for your fellow man! Knock her lights out, M'Lynn!


Ouiser Boudreaux: [snatches away] Let go o' me!


Clairee: M'Lynn, you just missed the chance of a lifetime! Half o' Chiquapin Parish'd give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouiser!

That is the sence of humor I have right now... I just wanted to hit something I was so mad.... REALLY can you believe that I would really miss my favorite show of all times... " LES MIS"! Really can you believe with all the stress I missed it. LOL
 
I can hear the song now.... Master of the house.....
 
anyway I think the Lord really has a sence of humor... I am telling you he has to.... if he dosnt I am not going to make it to heaven.
 
Ok here is a few things that I have learned in the last few minutes of my life.... you got to laugh. REALLY just laugh.   I have my life and my sence of humor because all this has happened in my life for a reason. I am not sure what the reason is yet but just beware I know there is a reason.
 
AS I was laughing about this as I was telling mother.. I also told her of something else that has happened in the past week. I filled in at another flower shop last week and I was there for 2 days. On monday I signed her department. well the flowers on the cut wall.. you know the ones in water... I put signs on all of her bucket of flowers saying "Carnation $2.99 so on and so forth...  her sales on monday were 124% ABOVE last year.. really
So I was talking to my store manager on Friday and he was telling me that I should think about going back into management.. this is where I said to mother... I have this little satan sitting on my left shoulder saying go for it... it means you will be working sundays and wont be able to go to church. and I said left shoulder because the little angel of christ sitting on the right shoulder saying choose the right.
 
I have been learning... If this all would have happened to me 2 or 3 years ago I would have comed un glued... but I think with age... little things are important and I should not get upset over stuff I have no controll over...
 
You know I also have to say... I talked to Dan today I was telling him about what my problem was... he said "I dont use my car during the week, you can borrow it tomorrow if you need to." AWESOME.... tender mercies...
2nd.. when the repair shoped called me about how much Big Bertha's bill was going to be... I said I am a poor college student... can I make payments... he said yes you need to Pay $400 on Thursday... YES there is a Lord who answers prayers...
and 3rd... dont sweat the small stuff...
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lord, why me?"
Lord:"Why not. You were really beginning to tick me off."

Dad said...

Sounds like you are weathering the storms of life pretty well.