I am as old as a TREE

I am as old as a TREE

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I love having Issues.

Issues… I love having issues.


The other day when I was at the chiropractors when I was getting adjusted the dr asked me how I was doing and I said I am doing great. I said I got a replacement ticket for the one that I did not get to go see and I made some comment in which he said to me “WOW” an optimist you are.. Well I do believe I am. I have always been the one that can handle most of the problems that are placed before me.. Sometimes I don’t want to handle them and well… I just do.

I have been learning in the past few weeks that I control what my actions are. I control how I handle things and I am the one that has to handle my own problems.

I was talking to Bob the produce manager at the store the other day and I said I will be more than happy to help him out whenever he needs me. I said but starting in September I won’t be able to work on Sunday unless it’s early in the morning before church or after church. He said to me.. you know sometimes our souls need to be strengthen as well.

I have missed this in the past 3 weeks since I have had to work. MY CHOICE. I said I would cover for some people who wanted to go on vacations. And that I made the choice to do this. But I see that if I don’t go I miss out on so much. And my SOUL misses out as well.

I have had a few times when in my life that I did not mind working that Sunday and missing out on that spiritual blessing and the last 3 weeks have not been good weeks for me.

I started writing about a week ago so I had to go back and re-think about what I was typing.



Sunday was a very special day, I did make it to church because I knew that our Bishop was being released. He was the first Bishop I had as a “SINGLE” Adult over 30, and he opened his arms to me and welcomed me into the ward. “FAMILY WARD”. In which I attend and I love.

We now have an All Star-Team as Ted and Lane Said. IT will be fun to watch them all grow and see where things go. I hope I get to serve with them.

LOL I can hear mother laughing as she is reading this. Sunday night as I was coming home from a farewell we had for our just released Bishop and his wife. I called mother and was talking to her about my mood and feeling a little green with envy. “LOL” I said that this was not my color; Mother’s comment back was “depends on what green.” I was really feeling envy. I was feeling like my life has not gone the way I think it should be going and that I was not doing what I needed to be doing. I did feel this way for a minute. One of my Best friends has been put into the Bishopric and I was feeling a little envy. He is a powerful leader in my book and I am so excited to have him as a counselor.

But the envy soon left. Trust me it did. Dan has a family of 3 boys, it was kind of funny because Sunday morning Suzanne texted me and asked me if I was going to save seats for her and the boys now. So I knew something going down. And this is where mother pointed out something more. Maybe the widow’s mite. I am ready to serve and I have the heart to serve and have always had. I know that I will need to help Suzanne out a little with the boys. It gives me the chance to be Uncle Scott again.

My heart has always been in the right place. Sometimes I get a little prideful but the Lord always knows how to put me in my place. Or is that mother that always puts me in my place.

I know it was only a 10 minute call or less because I don’t like to bother her and when it is late I hate to wake her or if she has just one to bed I don’t want to wake her. But sometimes the wisdom is awesome. The best part is I make her laugh. In the 10 minutes we laughed, I cried and well the point was made “if I lived my life the way the Lord wants me to, and keep the covenants that I made in the temple, the Lord will bless you to your heart’s desire”

So I guess what I am trying to say here is that sometimes I might not measure up to what I think I should be measured up to but the Lord has a plan and I just need to wait out the storm and he will show me what he wants me to do.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I could not have said it better. If you get the chance, find the story by Hugh B. Brown called "The Currant Bush." It is right on target.